Sunday Skincare with natural, homemade products
It’s been a long time since I’ve written, but I promise to start blogging more often! There are so many common topics related to beauty, skincare and health that I feel is important to talk about. Today, I’m telling you guys about a few skincare products I’ve tried that are natural and homemade.
What is natural skincare?
I’m going to give you a disclaimer about skincare products that you should know. Natural and organic skincare are NOT the same thing. To give you a little more information on this, read this helpful article I found online- https://www.beautycrew.com.au/the-difference-between-organic-natural-skin-care
Now that’s been cleared up, read more to see the simply refreshing products I received from @bottled_bliss and @heavenlyessence0302 (Instagram)
De-tan Face Pack
This de-tan face pack from Bottled Bliss is the one of the best homemade face packs I’ve ever tried! The ingredients are Cocoa Powder, Oats, Coffee Powder and Fuller’s Earth. Firstly, the powder that comes in the bottled is finely ground and smells amazing, I almost want to eat it! Mix it with some water, greek yogurt or milk to make a thick paste that you can apply on your face.
- Cocoa Powder improves your skin’s hydration and helps exfoliate skin without irritating sensitive skin. Masks with cocoa powder also help firm the skin and reduce puffiness. Natural cocoa powder also fights acne and inflammation.
- Oats are moisturizing for the skin and helps heal sun damage too.
- Coffee powder is a really good skin exfoliating agent, and even helps brighten your complexion because it sloughs away dead skin cells.
- Fuller’s Earth is one of the favourite and widely used ingredients in a lot of Indian face packs because of its properties. Apart from cleansing the skin, it fights acne and unclogs your pores. Also, it’s one of the safest and most natural ingredients you can use on your face.
My skin genuinely looked and felt super soft, supple and glowing after just 10 minutes of wearing the pack on my face. The quantity in the bottle is really generous too. If you have sensitive skin that reacts to chemicals in products, definitely check out Bottled Bliss products. I’ve been using this regularly since I started and I’m happy with the results.
Check them out on Instagram- https://bit.ly/2qbc0T3
Rose- Shea Butter Body Scrub
This scrub from Heavenly Essence is my new go-to homemade scrub. It feels soft to touch, and leaves your skin feeling equally soft and moisturized after use. It smells really good too, and I would really recommend checking out more of their products. Use it twice a week for best results.
- Scrubs remove dead cells from the skin’s surface, leaving it soft.
- They also moisturize the skin, and the exfoliating and moisturizing combination of scrubs leaves the skin looking fresh and radiant.
- Shea butter is extremely nourishing and helps the skin retain it’s natural oils.
- Rose extract helps firm the skin, unclog pores and contains soothing anti-bacterial properties. (Probably why your Mother always tells you to use rose water on your face)
Shea Butter Lip Balm
This lip balm has a transparent white appearance, and glides like oil when you apply it on your lips. I do like my lip balms with scent and flavour though, and this has none. But that’s what you get when you ask for natural products! The lack of chemicals is good though, so I’m going to continue to use it regularly. For those of you who don’t like lip balm because it’s sticky, smells too strong or has a tint- then try this one! Shea is also super moisturizing and helps repair dry lips.
Lemon- Shea Butter Lip Scrub
I’m not usually a fan of homemade lip scrubs, because some of them are not ground finely, and end up chaffing my lips. However, this one looks like its mixed well with essential oils or just loaded with natural shea butter, because it feels very smooth on the lips. Use this thrice a week to keep your skin free from dead skin. It also smells very, very good!
Heavenly Essence is an apt name for this brand because their products do smell pretty good! They also have most of the properties you would expect from natural products, so definitely check them out and try adding more natural products to your skincare. https://bit.ly/2QZYfSi
And now comes the end to my Sunday skincare trials. Hope you liked reading this! Let me know which one you’d like to try first in the comments below.
See you soon,
May 13, 2018
Met Gala 2018: The Most Magnificent Looks, Breathtaking Couples and Least Inspiring Looks on the Red Carpet
May 09, 2018
March 07, 2018